Total inclusive cost for the ORBERA™ Intragastric Balloon procedure and nutritional counseling is $6,800. At this time, this procedure is not covered by insurance. Financing available through Prosper Healthcare Lending.
Lubbock Digestive Disease Associates is proud to partner with Wellness Today to help patients achieve weight loss and maintain a healthy lifestyle. The weight loss journey leaves many people with few options in the gap between dieting and bariatric surgery. Dr. Fenton and Dr. Miller now offer a solution to patients caught in that gap. Introducing the ORBERA™ Intragastric Balloon.
• Comprehensive two-part non-surgical program designed to provide effective, motivating results that you can see. With ORBERA™ patients on average lose 3.1 times the weight they would with diet and exercise alone.
• Starts with a soft balloon placed in your stomach for six months to reinforce proper portion control. Your objective is to develop healthy habits to carry you forward in your weight loss journey.
• The balloon takes up space in your stomach to help you eat smaller meals.
• Coaching begins with the placement of the balloon along with nutritional counseling and metabolic testing designed specifically for you by a registered dietitian from Wellness Today. This counseling continues even after the balloon is removed at six months for a total of 12 months.
• Non-surgical procedure done under sedation at South Plains Endoscopy Center. The thin and deflated ORBERA™ balloon is placed into the stomach and is then filled with saline until it’s about the size of a grapefruit. The procedure typically takes about 20-30 minutes so you can go home the very same day.
• At six months the balloon is removed in the same non-surgical way it was placed. The balloon is deflated, then removed under sedation.
• Patients with a BMI between 30-40 with minimal risk factors
• Anyone struggling with their weight and understands that this is a tool to help them change their life in regards to nutrition and exercise.